When cold temperatures freeze the lakes and snow falls on the Adirondacks, there’s no denying that Lake George winter has arrived. Winter transforms the landscape into a snowy wonderland full of unique adventures and attractions at every turn. Although many restaurants and hotels close their doors for the season, Surfside on the Lake remains open year-round for winter travelers. From festive carnivals to scenic snowshoeing trails, an unforgettable winter vacation in the Adirondacks awaits you in Lake George.
Discover Lake George During Winter
Lake George maybe a summer destination, but our Adirondack town is just as beautiful and exciting during the winter. Whether you want a fast-paced adventure or a chance to reconnect with nature, there is something for everyone with these Lake George winter activities:
- Take in the beauty of the Adirondacks on the snowshoeing trails at Lake George Recreation Center or try cross country skiing at Cole’s Woods.
- We are located a short distance away from two downhill ski resorts in New York. If you are an experienced skier, we recommend Gore Mountain, but if you are a beginner looking for family-friendly hills, then visit West Mountain.
- Plan your winter getaway in February and join us for the annual Lake George Winter Carnival celebration.
- Go ice skating on the frozen surface of Lake George or at the public rink at Gurney Lane Recreation Area. If you want to glide on the ice away from the cold, check out the indoor rink at Glen Falls Recreation Center.
- The ice castles are a must-see for anyone visiting the area between January and March. When the ice castles are sculpted, you will be able to crawl through tunnels and sit upon icy thrones.
- Go ice fishing on “The Queen of American Lakes” just steps from Surfside on the Lake. Lake George is an excellent place to fish for trophy lake trout and northern pike.
- After a day of exploring Lake George, head to The Log Jam Restaurant for a cozy dinner next to a roaring fireplace.
A Winter Getaway in the Adirondacks
Stay with us at Surfside on the Lake and experience Lake George winter nestled in the foothills of the Adirondacks. We are directly on the lake, so you can easily embark on a day of ice fishing or skating just a short walk from the property. Even though many of our amenities are closed for the season, we offer a prime location for shopping, attractions, and dining in town. Stay in one of our affordable resort rooms and wake up to gorgeous lake views and snowy landscapes. We also have suites equipped with kitchenettes, private balconies, refrigerators, and table seating if you are traveling with the family. If you have any questions about the area or our rooms, don’t hesitate to reach out at 518-668-2442.