Frequently Asked Questions
What are the wristbands for?
As of June 2020 our property has implemented a wristband program, this program is to ensure that guests can enjoy our property without overcrowding by non-guests. We have someone on the property checking wristbands to ensure that only checked in guests are using the amenities. Only actively checked-in persons with reservations at the hotel are permitted to use the pool and beach. Unfortunately, this does mean if a guest has family staying at another property, that family will not be permitted to use our pool or beach. Day passes cannot be purchased. Wristbands are required to be returned at check out, otherwise they are subject to a $20 charge per band.
What is the Resort Fee and what does it include?
As of November 2020 Surfside has added a daily Resort Fee of $15 per day to all reservations. This fee was implemented to enhance the guest experience and to add amenities to the property that have not existed before. These enhancements have been long requested by our guests. You spoke, we listened! The resort fee covers the following items: property wide wifi service (increased speed and quality), full daily activity schedule and programming [NEW 2021], on-site parking (1 car per room), free overflow parking for trailers and extra vehicles, access to the pool, access to the beach, pool towels, local calls, and daily in room coffee with condiments.
Do you allow pets?
Sorry, but we are not pet friendly.
I have an emergency and can’t come. Can you waive the cancellation policy?
We have a firm cancellation policy. We understand things happen, but a reservation is a commitment to take a room for the duration of the reservation. Visit the Policy Page for the full Cancellation Policy.
Are there smoking rooms?
All rooms are non-smoking. You are welcome to smoke in designated smoking areas. Smoking in a room will result in a deep cleaning fee of $250 added to your bill.
Can we use grills at Surfside?
We have charcoal grills available for guest use on the beach. Guests are asked to bring their own charcoal. We ask that no table-top grills be used on our property, and that guests do not grill on their balcony/patio.
Is there free parking?
Yes, there is free parking on site. There is only 1 parking space allowed per room or suite. All other vehicles or trailers must park at our sister property 1 mile up the road.
Are you close to the village/restaurants/shops/attractions?
Our property is located in the village on the north end of town. We are two blocks from the center of the village.
Are you on the lake?
Yes, we are directly on Lake George with 233 feet of sandy beach private to registered Surfside guests.
When is check-in/check-out?
Check-in is at 4pm. Check-out is at 11am. Guests are not permitted to use the facilities after check-out.
What are the pool/beach hours?
The pool and beach open at 9am and close at 9pm. Also, towels for the pool are provided in the pool area.
When is your Club Hamilton Restaurant open?
Our Club Hamilton breakfast is open for 7 days a week [in season], serving an a la carte breakfast from 7:30am-11am. Hours are limited in the off season. The Rooftop Cabana Bar and restaurant, is open 12pm-8pm daily [in season].
What can we do there?
You can enjoy our beach and outdoor heated pool. We rent pedal boats, kayaks, and stand-up boards [in season]. In addition, we offer full daily programing with our Surfside Kids’ Club [NEW 2021!]. Enjoy the scenery from our private decks. Check out our Discount Coupon Program for a list of area attractions such as Six Flags Great Escape and many more!
What is different during COVID-19?
Due to COVID-19, some things will be operating differently:
- We cannot grant early check in/late check out requests due to COVID, we apologize for any inconvenience and ask that our guests be understanding in the current climate.
- Our Water Activity Rentals will be scheduled, with boats going out at 9am, 10:30am, 12pm, 1:30pm, 3pm and 4:30pm. Reservations can be made at our front desk.
Rentals are: $15/30min | $25/60min
- There is no daily housekeeping, during your stay if you need towels, toilet paper, etc… we ask that you contact the front desk to have housekeeping bring the items to your room [9am-2pm]. After 2pm, guests are asked to come to the lobby area to retrieve items. Old towels and garbage can be left outside the room, housekeeping will grab them as they come around.
- Guests are asked to maintain a 6ft distance in the pool area, and a 10ft distance on the beach from other guests not in your party. Face masks are required in ALL buildings, hallways, corridors, restaurants and any place on the property guests find themselves unable to maintain the appropriate distance from persons not in their party.
- Groups of 10 persons or more are not permitted to gather on property, and playgrounds are closed per NYS Law, we ask that guests respect these regulations, and we apologize for any inconvenience.