Frequently Asked Questions
What are the wristbands for?
As of June 2020 our property has implemented a wristband program, this program is to ensure that guests can enjoy our property without overcrowding by non-guests. We have someone on the property checking wristbands to ensure that only checked in guests are using the amenities. Only actively checked-in persons with reservations at the hotel are permitted to use the pool and beach. Unfortunately, this does mean if a guest has family staying at another property, that family will not be permitted to use our pool or beach. Day passes cannot be purchased. Wristbands are required to be returned at check out, otherwise they are subject to a $20 charge per band.
Do you allow pets?
Sorry, but we are not pet friendly. The neighboring motel, O’Sullivan’s, is pet friendly.
I have an emergency and can’t come. Can you waive the cancellation policy?
We have a firm cancellation policy. We understand things happen, but a reservation is a commitment to take a room for the duration of the reservation. Visit the Policy Page for the full Cancellation Policy.
Are there smoking rooms?
All rooms are non-smoking. You are welcome to smoke outside your room. Smoking in a room will result in a cleaning fee of $250 added to your bill.
Can we use grills at Surfside?
We have charcoal grills available for guest use on the beach, guests are asked to bring their own charcoal. We ask that no table-top grills be used on our property, and that guests do not grill on their balcony/patio.
Is there free parking?
Yes, there is free parking on site. There is only 1 parking space allowed per room or suite. All other vehicles or trailers must park at our sister property 1 mile up the road.
Are you close to the village/restaurants/shops/attractions?
Our property is located in the village on the north end of town. We are one block from the center of the village.
Are you on the lake?
Yes, we are directly on Lake George. With 233 feet of sandy beach private to registered Surfside guests.
When is check-in/check-out?
Check-in is at 4pm. Check-out is at 11am.
What are the pool/beach hours?
The pool and beach open at 9am and close at 9pm. Also, towels for the pool and beach are provided at the pool area.
When is your Club Hamilton Restaurant open?
Our Club Hamilton breakfast is open for 4 days a week [Thurs-Sunday], serving an a la carte breakfast from 8am-11am. Hours are limited in the off season. “The Rooftop”, our lakeside Rooftop Cabana Bar, is open 1pm-8pm Thursday through Sunday.
What can we do there?
You can enjoy our beach and outdoor heated pool. We rent paddle boats and kayaks in season. Enjoy the scenery from our Rooftop Terrace. Check out our Discount Coupon Program for a list of area attractions such as Six Flags Great Escape.
What is different during COVID-19?
Due to COVID-19, some things will be operating differently in 2020:
- We cannot grant early check in/late check out requests due to COVID, we apologize for any inconvenience and ask that our guests be understanding in the current climate.
- Our Water Activity Rentals will be scheduled, with boats going out at 9am, 11am, 1pm, 3pm and 5pm. Reservations can be made at our front desk.
Rentals are: $15/30min | $25/60min
- There is no daily housekeeping, during your stay if you need towels, toilet paper, etc… we ask that you contact the front desk to have housekeeping bring the items to your room [9am-2pm]. After 2pm, guests are asked to come to the lobby area to retrieve items. Old towels and garbage can be left outside the room, housekeeping will grab them as they come around.
- Guests are asked to maintain a 6ft distance in the pool area, and a 10ft distance on the beach, from guests not traveling with them. Face masks are required in ALL buildings, hallways, corridors, restaurants and any place on the property guests find themselves unable to maintain the appropriate distance from persons not in their party.
- Groups of 10 persons or more are not permitted to gather on property, and playgrounds are closed per NYS Law, we ask that guests respect these regulations, and we apologize for any inconvenience.