One of the biggest draws to the Lake George region for outdoor enthusiasts has to be the number of high-quality Adirondack hiking trails. Traversing through rolling hills, interwoven with meandering creeks and sparkling water bodies, trekking the trails around our beloved region is an excellent way to immerse yourself in the seemingly endless beauty found at every corner. From captivating vistas to hidden waterfalls, it’s not surprising that the Adirondack Mountains are where American family vacations were born. Conveniently located along Lake George’s shores, Surfside On The Lake offers affordable resort lodging and a bevy of on-site activities and recreational opportunities, and access to some of the best Adirondack hiking. While it wouldn’t be tough to hop in the car and find the nearest trailhead, we’d like to offer some assistance in narrowing down a few options during your stay.
Adirondack Hiking and the Beauty of Lake George
Whether you’re on the lookout for a heart-pounding endurance hike or a leisurely trek amid New York’s most awe-inspiring vantage points, these Adirondack hiking trails are sure to provide a wealth of opportunities. Here are some of our favorites:
- Buck Mountain is considered a moderate hike on the east side of Lake George, and patrons can enter from either the north or south entrance.
- Sleeping Beauty Mountain is a moderately tricky loop that may be better for older children and teenagers due to the rocky outcrops found throughout.
- Pilot Knob Preserve is a relatively easy 3.8-mile trail featuring a stunning waterfall and an abundance of green space.
- Prospect Mountain Trail is a 2.8-mile out-and-back that is sure to give you a challenge. This trail comes with a reasonable difficulty but rewards its opponents with 100-mile panoramas.
- Inman Pond is located in the Lake George Wild Forest and is a family favorite.
Lake George Resort | Discovering the Adirondacks
The Adirondack hiking trails we shared with you are just a few of the many corridors you can find in our neck of the woods. Aside from some of the best treks in the Empire State, Lake George offers a healthy dose of summertime fun that takes many forms. Whether you find yourself lounging at the Cabana Bar and Restaurant or exploring the nooks and crannies of the Adirondack Mountains, there’s something for everyone at Surfside On The Lake! Please visit our frequently asked questions page or call 518-668-2442 today!