Fall is right around the corner in Lake George, which can only mean that the sky will soon be dotted with colorful hot air balloons. The Adirondack Balloon Festival is a tradition in Warren County that has attracted balloonists and visitors for nearly 50 years! Not only will vibrant balloons travel past the Adirondack Mountains there will also be food vendors, craft fairs, live music, and fun children’s activities. Stay with us at Surfside on the Lake and join us for this one-of-a-kind fall event near Lake George!
The Adirondack Balloon Festival is a free event that attracts upwards of 150,000 people! For those who have never attended the festival, we’d like to share some general information on where to go and what to bring.
- Balloon flights occur just after sunrise or close to sunset. Visit the Adirondack Balloon Festival Facebook page for updates on scheduled flights.
- There are two locations where flights start. This includes Floyd Bennet Memorial Airport in Queensbury and Crandall Park in Glens Falls.
- Pets, drones, and smoking are not allowed on festival grounds.
- Keep in mind that balloon flights are weather dependent, and they will not fly if it is rainy or too windy.
- We recommend dressing in layers; since September weather in the Adirondacks can be unpredictable.
- Feel free to bring blankets, lawn chairs, and coolers for extra comfort.
What to Expect at Adirondack Balloon Festival
Every year the festival is a bit different, but there are several reoccurring events that visitors look forward to every year:
- Downtown Glen Falls kicks off the celebration with an annual block party. This event will include a display of balloon baskets and a car show for you to stroll through. There will also be kids’ activities, food, and live music!
- The ZONTA craft fair will return to the festival
- Every year, there is a night flight where hot air balloons will ascend, lit up by the moon’s soft glow. Don’t forget to bring your flashlights!
- Additional activities include food vendors, a craft fair, an aircraft display, rock climbing walls, fireworks, and much more!
Adirondack Hotel Rooms for the Balloon Festival
The Adirondack Balloon Festival is right around the corner, so make sure you book your room with Surfside on the Lake now! We are located on the shores of Lake George, offering the perfect lake-cation for your Adirondack getaway. Take advantage of our private beach, and don’t forget to enjoy the view from our Rooftop Cabana Bar. Browse our collection of 150 rooms and suites, and book your fall vacation today!