Autumn in the Adirondacks has returned, welcoming vibrant foliage in our forests and crisp mountain breezes. We encourage you to experience the magic of the season in the charming village of Lake George. The season offers the perfect weather to enjoy the area’s top outdoor attractions like hiking, biking, fishing, and paddling. A Lake George fall vacation encourages you to explore our beautiful trails, pick juicy apples, sip fall-flavored brews, attend harvest festivals, and discover haunted history. Stay with Surfside on the Lake, and you will be centrally located to all the fall fun around Lake George.
7 Fall Adventures in Lake George
One of the most popular Lake George fall activities is leaf-peeping. Whether you want to hike, bike, kayak, drive, or boat, you can expect vibrant foliage to backdrop your exploration. Here are a few ways to have fun outside this autumn in Lake George:
- Hike or drive up Prospect Mountain to be awarded the best panoramic views of Lake George during the fall.
- Head to the Lake George Village and pick up the Warren County Bikeway trail for a scenic fall bike ride!
- View fall foliage from a new perspective with a fun and educational cruise with the Lake George Steamboat Company.
- Visit the Adirondack Extreme Adventure Course for exhilarating obstacle courses and zipline parks.
- Make a half-hour drive to Schuylerville and visit Saratoga Apple to pick your own apples this season.
- Visit Million Dollar Beach on Lake George for some excellent fall fly fishing!
- Visit the Fort William Henry Museum and hear about paranormal experiences during the haunted history tour.
Plan Your Getaway Around a Fall Festival
If you want to make your fall getaway extra memorable, we recommend joining us for one of our annual fall festivals. The Lake George Oktoberfest & Fall Festival transforms our mountain town into a Bavarian street fair. This event is jam-packed with German food, drinks, music, dancing, carnival rides, and artisans.
You can also celebrate the season at Queensbury’s West Mountain Fall Festival. You can expect fun for the whole family, like petting zoos, live music, brewery tastings, food, and scenic hayrides. The Great Escape amusement park welcomes another year of Fright Fest throughout October. Take the kids on some spooky rides and haunted attractions this fall!
Lake George, NY, Accommodations
Plan a Lake George fall vacation and discover all the fun happenings around town this season. Then return to Surfside on the Lake and enjoy the views of the foliage around the lake from your hotel room. Take advantage of our guest savings and book your fall getaway in the Adirondacks today!