As much as we love having guests spend most of their time at our family resort, the staff at Surfside On The Lake understands that there are other things to do in Lake George when you aren’t lounging in the sunshine. Furthermore, shopping in Lake George is much more popular than people realize. With its many antique stores, boutiques, and outlet centers, Lake George, NY, offers a diverse range of retail options. Whether you’re looking for designer wear, sporting goods, or a good old-fashioned souvenir, the Lake George shopping scene won’t disappoint you. Not only does shopping make an excellent rainy day activity, but it’s also a terrific way to explore the nearby communities while supporting local businesses. To give you a broad overview of where to go, we put together a breakdown of the most popular and unique places to help enhance your retail experience.
Lake George Shopping | Unique Shops, Boutiques, and More
One of the most enjoyable aspects of any vacation is discovering hidden gems, unique businesses, and memorable keepsakes. Even if you aren’t seeking souvenirs, you can still have fun walking around and meeting new people. Whether you wish to pursue major retailers or downtown “ma and pa shops,” the Lake George shopping scene offers a bevy of opportunities. Here are some of the more prominent places to go while staying with us.
- Live Laugh Love has been voted Best Lake George Village Shopping for five consecutive years and doesn’t show any signs of losing that title. They pride themselves on having something for everyone, from handcrafted soaps to Adirondack-themed decor.
- The Book Cabin is more than just a local bookstore. Here you’ll find literary masterpieces, board games, and unique toys.
- Adirondack Winery is your one-stop shop for high-quality wine, tastings, and conversation.
- Double M Western Store in Ballston Spa specializes in boots, hats, clothing, and accessories inspired by the old west. They even have a rodeo on Fridays during the summer!
- The Outlets at Lake George feature over 15 major retailers, including Yankee Candle, Old Navy, New Balance, Levi’s, and Micheal Kors.
The Best Lake George Hotels and Suites
Ideally located within proximity of several Lake George communities, Surfside On The Lake boasts a unique lodging experience the whole family can enjoy. So when you’re done making the rounds to fulfill your Lake George shopping list, you’ll have somewhere to enjoy your newfound souvenirs, accessories, and crafts. For more information or to make a reservation, please reach out to us online or call 518-668-2442.